The Path of Poisons Online Course (Recordings & Resources)
*IMPORTANT: this is not a live course, you are purchasing the recordings of the course held in November 2020.
In this course, we will address the different masks that Poison has assumed in the western tradition through the ages. We will discover the different manifestations of the poison/medicine dichotomy, the origin of drugs the way we know them today, and their usage within religious and mystical contexts, including 3 practices.
When you purchase this course you will receive an e-mail with a link to download a *.zip file containing:
- 3 20-page dossier in pdf format + 3 practices in pdf format.
- Links to the recordings to the 3 three-hour length videos with the contents of the course.
Part I: The Hands of Gods: Poisons in Ancient and Early Medieval Times
- Pharmakós and phármakon
- Ritual usage of drugs in mysteric rites
- Shifting the Paradigm: Poison becomes the enemy
- Veneficium or the gifts of Venus
- Practice I
Part II: The Gifts of the Devil: Poisons and Witchcraft
- Metzina and Metzineria: the medieval pharmakós
- The Witches’ Ointment
- Deadly and not so deadly nightshades
- Practice II
Part III: The Quest for a Vision: Post-Enlightenment and the Poison Path
- Paracelsus: “sola dosis facit venenum”
- Poisons in alchemy
- Consequences of rationalism: Pharmacratic inquisition and the psychedelic culture
- The poison path
- How to, when to, where to?
- Practice III
You will receive an email containing a link that allows you to download the zip file with all the contents of the course. Check your spam folder!