The Path of Poisons + The Witches' Ointment -Online Course Bundle- (Recordings & Resources)
*IMPORTANT: this is not a live course, you are purchasing the recordings of 2 courses: 'The Path of Poisons' (held in November 2020) & 'The Witches' Ointment' (held in February 2021).
The Path of Poisons: In this course, we will address the different masks that Poison has assumed in the western tradition through the ages. We will discover the different manifestations of the poison/medicine dichotomy, the origin of drugs the way we know them today, and their usage within religious and mystical contexts, including 3 practices.
The Witches' Ointment: A theoretical and practical course in which we will unveil the secrets of the famous witches’ ointment. We will talk about its history, conceptualization, ingredients, and method of preparation, and we will apply it to the practice of witchcraft as part of an initiatory, mystical, and introspective practice.
After purchasing this course bundle you will receive an e-mail with a link to download a *.zip file containing:
- 3 dossiers + 3 slide presentations in PDF format with the contents of the courses.
- Links to the recordings of 6 online classes of 3 h. each.
- 3 practices in PDF format (The Path of Poisons).
- 1 extra PDF with bibliographical references (The Witches' Ointment).
The Path of Poisons
Part I: The Hands of Gods: Poisons in Ancient and Early Medieval Times
- Pharmakós and phármakon
- Ritual usage of drugs in mysteric rites
- Shifting the Paradigm: Poison becomes the enemy
- Veneficium or the gifts of Venus
- Practice I
Part II: The Gifts of the Devil: Poisons and Witchcraft
- Metzina and Metzineria: the medieval pharmakós
- The Witches’ Ointment
- Deadly and not so deadly nightshades
- Practice II
Part III: The Quest for a Vision: Post-Enlightenment and the Poison Path
- Paracelsus: “sola dosis facit venenum”
- Poisons in alchemy
- Consequences of rationalism: Pharmacratic inquisition and the psychedelic culture
- The poison path
- How to, when to, where to?
- Practice III
The Witches’ Ointment
Part I: Some believe that witches fly
- Theories about witches ointment
- · Ointments in mythology
- · Ointments and heresy
- · Ointments and science
- Spirit (and body?) Flight
- Poison / metzina / ponzoña and its relevance in Witchcraft
- · The Witches’ Ointment
Part II: Green like the populeon
- The elements of the ointment
- · Symbolic elements
- · Tangible items
- Plant, animal, mineral allies
- Ointment recipes throughout history
- · Interpreting recipes under a mystical light
Part III: Wait until you’ve been anointed
- Ointment formulation
- · Goals
- · Crafting your personal recipe
- Creation of the ointment
- · Tools
- · Creation process
- Incorporating the ointment in your hedgeriding / witchcraft practice
- · How, When, Where
You will receive an email containing a link that allows you to download the zip file with all the contents of the courses. Check your spam folder!