The Land in Slumber: Plants and the Dead -3x Online Course Bundle Pack- (Recordings & Resources)
*Important: this is not a live course, you are purchasing the recordings of 3 courses held in September, October, and November 2021 respectively on our Patreon.
In these 10-hour-and-a-half recorded online courses, we deal with Herbalism in relation to Necromancy, Funerary Practices, and Ancestor Work. We talk about its history, principles, and elements of the Necromantic Practice, the symbolism behind Funerary Ceremonies, and the basics and not-so-basics of Ancestor Work through the ages. Additionally, we will address the harvest of Plants intended to be used in Necromancy, and the basics of graveyard etiquette.
When you purchase this course bundle you will receive an e-mail with a link to download a *.pdf file containing:
— Links to the recordings of the 3x three-hours-and-a-half length videos with the contents of the courses.
— Links to download 3 slide presentations with all the resources and bibliography of the courses.
The Land in Slumber PART 1
Honoring the Dead: Plants and Ancestors
In this course, we shall talk about those who we cannot sometimes see or hear, but who are definitely there, accompanying us, guiding us.
- • The concept of Ancestor and history of Ancestor Worship.
- • The different types of Ancestors we can work with: plants, animals as ancestors.
- • Ancestor Work basics: practices, altars, offerings, alliances.
- • Plants that have commonly been linked with Ancestors and Ancestor Plants.
- • Harvesting plants for ancestors and Ancestor-plants.
- • Practice: Messages for Ancestors (crafting an ink).
The Land in Slumber PART 2
Accompanying the Dead: Funerary Plants
In this course, we shall talk about the rituals and ceremonies in which we bid farewell to those who are no longer in this world (be they persons, thoughts, habits, relationships, etc), and rituals of remembrance as well.
- • Death and Funerary rituals.
- • The structure of a Funerary rite.
- • Mourning and grief.
- • Plants that have commonly been linked with Funerary rituals, death and mourning.
- • Assisting in mourning: how to say goodbye.
- • Practice: Light in the Black (mullein candle-making).
The Land in Slumber PART 3
Calling upon the Dead: Necromantic Plants
In this course, we shall talk about the theory and practice behind Necromancy, or the contact with the Dead in the pursuit of divinatory, magical, and sorcerous workings. We shall delve into the folklore of Necromantic plants and how to work with them.
- • Why the Dead?
- • Literary Necromancy.
- • Erichtho.
- • History and elements of Necromantic practice.
- • Saint Cyprian.
- • Nectromantic plant folklore and applications.
- • “Kill” the practitioner - Travel between worlds - invoke underworld deities.
- • Bring the dead back to life - dispel parasitic entities - help practitioner return with the living.
- • Harvesting and using Necromantic plants.
- • Cemetery etiquette.
- • Practice: The Vapours of the Underworld (making a Necromantic incense).
You will receive an email containing a link that allows you to download the pdf file with all the contents of the courses. Check your spam folder! If you have problems with the download, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.